Dynamic, engaging, and influential, Dr. Ronni Brown’s presentations bridge the gap between the fields of dentistry, public health and substance abuse. Her work treating patients with “meth mouth” at a medium-security correctional facility in Northern California brings a compelling perspective to the topic; while her experience in public health helps audiences understand the global implications of methamphetamine abuse. Her research findings have garnered international interest and compliment her multi-faceted professional experience.
Dynamic, engaging, and influential, Dr. Ronni Brown’s presentations bridge the gap between the fields of dentistry, public health and substance abuse. Her work treating patients with “meth mouth” at the Sonoma County Detention Facility brings a compelling perspective to the topic; while her experience in public health helps audiences understand the global implications of methamphetamine abuse. Her research findings have garnered national interest and compliment her multi-faceted professional experience.
Addiction and Dentistry
Dr. Ronni Brown’s presentations captivate audiences with her experiences treating “meth mouth” patients at a detention facility. As a clinician, educator, and researcher, she brings a compelling perspective and helps audiences understand the impact of substance abuse on oral health and treatment outcomes.
Meth Mouth: A State of Decay
Are you aware that treating a dental patient who is high on methamphetamine could be fatal? If the next patient who walked into your office was high on methamphetamine, would you know what to do, what to say, and how to treat?
Discover why methamphetamine is the “hot” street drug and why users will give up their smile for a meth high. Learn how methamphetamine causes a unique and distinct pattern of dental decay known as “meth mouth”. Learn realistic, safe, and effective ways to treat patients who have “meth mouth”.
“Tweaked,” “Cracked” and “Loaded”:
Profile of the Addicted Dental Patient
Have you ever felt that your patient’s substance abuse was the elephant in the room? Are you afraid to discuss your suspicions due to your own discomfort or fear of insulting your patient?
Discover the most frequently abused drugs and how to recognize patients with substance use disorders. Discover effective ways to discuss substance abuse with patients and treat the oral effects of abuse. Learn how to manage pain without opiate-based analgesics and avoid falling prey to drug-seeking patients.
Presentations (Partial Listing)
- Academy of Cosmetic and Adhesive Dentistry
- Alameda County Dental Society
- Alameda Dental Group
- AmeriCorps Training Day
- American Dental Association FDI World Dental Congress (multiple)
- Angel City Dental Society
- Berkeley Dental Society
- California Dental Association CDA Presents (multiple)
- California Indian Health Service Dental Education(multiple)
- Capitol Dental Care (multiple)
- Central Valley Dental Forum
- Charter Oak Dental Meeting / CSDA
- Contra Costa Dental Society (multiple)
- Delta Study Group
- Fresno Madera Dental Society (multiple)
- Greater Bay Area Dental Society
- Great River Study Club
- Harbor Dental Society
- Humboldt Del Norte Dental Society (multiple)
- Journees dentaires internationales du Quebec (JDIQ)
- Kern County Dental Society
- Lousiana Dental Association
- Marin County Dental Society
- Massachusetts Dental Society
- Monterey Bay Dental Society
- National Dental Association Centennial Convention
- Northern California Dental Society
- Rhode Island Dental Association
- Rutgers School of Dental Medicine (multiple)
- San Gabriel Valley Dental Society
- Southern Alameda Dental Society
- Star of the South
- University of California, Los Angeles, School of Dentistry (multiple)
- University of California, San Francisco, School of Dentistry (multiple)
- University of Kentucky, College of Dentistry
- University of the Pacific, Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, School of Dentistry (multiple)
- Viva Learning Interactive Webinar (multiple)
- VOCO America Webinar
- Wallingford-Meriden-Chesire Dental Society
- Western Regional Dental Experience (multiple)
- Yankee Dental Congress